You've completed the Gamification Surveyor Certification (Level 1) - CONGRATULATIONS! You've applied some of what you learned, and now you're excited to take the next step... Gamification Journeyman Certification (Level 2).
Using the Sententia 7-stage Gamification Strategic Framework™, you will progress through an Epic Adventure into the Realm of Gamification. You will explore AND apply game mechanics (such as points, levels, challenges, rewards, chance, collaboration) linked to core human desires such as power, status, relationships, autonomy, progress, mastery, and purpose; design learner personas; delve into writing value-driven OKRs; create a low-resolution prototype; and playtest your design.
This is a blended virtual program with your quests available to you anywhere and at any time. The blended modality provides an ideal adult learning environment as you experience the gamification mechanics, receive feedback on your progress, develop your skills, contribute as an ally to an in-class guild, earn recognition, and build confidence in your ability to overcome design challenges.
By the end of this 12-contact-hour certification program, through our proven reverse-engineering process, you will be able to map the Sententia Gamification Design Framework to a case study, assess best practices, and demonstrate applied competence in the application of gamification strategy design to a talent development case study or a program of your own.
By adding the Sententia Gamification Design Framework to your learning and talent development strategies, you will increase employee engagement, help change behaviors while bringing fun to your learning programs.
What are the scheduled dates of the 2024 Level 2 virtual sessions?
April 9, 12, 19, 26, May 3, 10, and 17, 2024
What are the times of the virtual sessions?
TBD on the above dates. Based on a poll of the enrollees, we adjust if needed to best suit the majority of the participants for the majority of the sessions.
What happens if I miss a session?
All sessions are recorded and available for download to watch at your convenience with 24 hours of the live session.
What is the approximate time commitment?
For each session listed above – 1 hour online; 2 hour independent study.
What materials are provided?
World Explorer Map, Travel Journal, Virtual Back Pack, Case Study, Reiss Profile, Templates, White Papers, videos, and digital badge with verification of coursework metadata upon completion.
What is the method of instruction?
Virtual Sessions with Gamification Master Craftsmen, group discussions and chats, case studies, analysis and assessment, team activities, videos, audios, white papers, and other ancillary tools.
What does it cost to certify as a Gamification Journeyman (Level 2 )?
To be certified as a Gamification Journeyman (Level 2 ), your tuition is $597, which includes the virtual course and all materials.
Wow. I'm ready to be a part of the Team!
Stages of the Journey...
Segment 1: Urban Commander
Explore the new quest
- Meet the other students and instructors
- Log into the collaborative work platform
Great onboarding invites you in, shows you the ropes, and helps you accomplish something you care about. It makes you feel smart, empowered, curious, and ready for more. In this segment you will audit the onboarding process in the program you are designing:
- Have you designed your onboarding for the inexperienced user?
- Do you quickly engage learners with activities that help them learn the ropes and invest in the experience?
- Have you created a means to show progress with context and meaning?
Segment 2: Bonjour Mon Cher
IDENTIFY YOUR WHY
- Examine business objective
- Identify why we are playing
- Recognize your blindspots
- Investigate game design theory and implications to gamification design
The purpose of identifying your Why, and writing corresponding goals and objectives is to ensure that learning is focused and can be objectively measured. In this segment you will audit the business objectives for the program you are designing:
- What is the problem to be solved and how will solving this problem positively impact the bottom line of the company (increase customer satisfaction, profits, market share; decrease time to market, production time, waste; etc.?
- What's the beginning state?
- What will the end result look like, feel like, be experienced like?
Segment 3: Jungle Standoff
CREATE YOUR LEARNER PERSONA
- Profile the players who are involved in the quest
- Detail their role
- Experience motivational interviews and the Reiss Motivation Profile™
Learner personas are created through research, surveys, and interviews of your target audience. In this segment you will identify your players and create a learner persona(s) for the program you are designing:
- What is the motivation profile of a cross section of the players?
- What are their biggest goals and dreams and things they want to achieve?
- How do they contribute to the problem needing to be solved?
Segment 4: Saharan Crossing
DETERMINE DESIRED BEHAVIORS
- Define tangible behaviors that are required to meet your business objectives
- Establish exactly what players need to do to get a measurable metric
- Learn how to build on existing habits
- Design a process to track and measure behaviors
- Explore tools to measure ROI and ROE
Often times there are company structures or systems that act as barriers to achieving the desired outcomes. In this segment you will identify the behaviors you want to drive in the program you are designing:
- What behaviors or actions do you want more or less of?
- What company structures and systems act as barriers?
- Why don’t the players currently display these behaviors?
Segment 5: Siberian Express
ENGAGE WITH GAME MECHANICS AND DYNAMICS
- Research and engage with the definitions and psychology of fun
- Explore the use of a variety of game mechanics and their application in gamification design
- Identify the "sweet spot" of motivation, reward, pain-aversion, opportunity, need fulfillment, and social context through a variety of well-planned game mechanics
At Sententia we have identified 190+ game mechanics that can be used in adult learning programs to create a dynamic of play. In this segment you will explore the myriad of options to be used in the program you are designing and select those that will captivate and inspire your learners:
- What is your context, narrative thread, or storyline?
- What events can you build in to your gamification to surprise and delight your players?
- Which game mechanics available to you are you going to implement, that will have the biggest impact on the behaviors you want to drive?
Segment 6: Forbidden Land
MAP YOUR PLAYER JOURNEY
- Create the player journey for the players to achieve the business objectives
- Establish clear goals and define progress
- Determine how and where to give feedback
- Weigh the perceived challenge against the perceived level of skill needed
- Begin a rapid prototype for a mockup of the UX/UI design
Mapping the player journey is the intricate process of calculating the trigger → action → feedback/recognition/reward loop in the program you are designing:
- What challenges and obstacles, rewards and achievements will you offer as your learners progress?
- What are the rules of the game? What constitutes a win?
- What do they need to master? What skills are necessary to succeed?
Segment 7: Exotic Expedition
- Research the different technologies that can be used for your player journeys
- Review and refine your prototype
- Iterate the storyline
- Test the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI)
- Finalize the project plan
It is important to gather real data from the people who will be using your program to get an authentic ‘new user’ angle. In this segment you will prototype a low-resolution model, a sample of the larger system that will be developed later. The idea is to see how your program will play and how your players interact with it.
- Have you developed a low-resolution prototype of your program to test your gamification design?
- Can your play testers easily follow the steps through the experience you designed?
- Did your play testers find potential loopholes or gameplay you hadn’t anticipated?
Is now the time to take your design to the next level?
In this 6-week design intensive, you will analyze, design, and demonstrate applied competence in the Sententia Strategic Gamification Framework™. You'll be equipped with what you need to create more engaging Talent Development programs. You'll be recognized as an industry leader, and your company and players will thank you.